Maharaj

 Omniscience  ·  Omnipresence  ·  Omnipotence  ·  Other Divine Lilas  ·  Mahasamadhi Lila  ·  After Mahasamadhi  
Divine Reality


 



Omnipresence


Baba's Darshan In Hanuman's Murti  »  A Visit to Varanasi  »  A Suitable Height  »  The Ganga Gives Shelter  »  A Tiger's Darshan  »  One Blurred Image  »  Punishment For Impure Thoughts  »  Tears of Joy  »  The Birth of a Son  »  Mango Prasad at Khairna Bridge  »  Saving Food Expenses  »  Come, Eat, and Go  »  An Experience of Indrayani ji  »  Vyas ji's Remorse  »  Saved From Drowning  »  A Saint Passes Away  »  Freed From the Bondage of Desire  »  A Sharp Reprimand For Rumors  »  A Misleading Thought  »  She Has Come After Writing "Aum"  »  You Didn't Go?  »  Two Lives Saved  »  Suffering From Dropsy  »  Late By Half an Hour  »  The Operation Is Done  »  Saved From Suicide  »  A Car Deal In Germany  »  Maharaj Ji's Justice  »  Immunity From Conscription  »  Cured With a Laddu  »  The Dumb Child Speaks  »  Pavan  »  Baba Disappears  »  Avoiding a Meeting  »  The Monkey Took the Form of a Mosquito  »  Another Disappearance  »  The Ghost  »  An Invisible Arrival  »  The Appropriate Medicine  »  Ask Your Guru  »  Sincere Call  »  See You In Bareilly  »  Baba's Saving Grace  »  Seeing Baba In Different Places  »  From the Narmada to Bareilly  »  Multiple Darshan  »  An Unusual Experience  »  Agra to Jhansi  »  The Hand of Blessing  »  An Offering of Kheer  »  Taking Ram's Name  »  Be Here Now  »  Baba Appears  »  Now See, He Is Saved


Maharaj ji had a physical form, but he was not limited by his body. Instead, it was a source of continuous, often amazing, supernatural acts. Matter never impeded his movements. He would appear or disappear in an instant, observe events in distant locations, and give darshan to different people at different places simultaneously. He could create and control all kinds of situations and circumstances. Without doing anything obvious, he was doing everything.

Hearing a call for help, Maharaj ji would appear no matter how trivial the desire. He would often respond to a devotee's distress without being called. He frequently said, "If I hold the hand of anyone, whoever he may be, I do no leave him, even though he may leave me." In these cases Maharaj ji took the welfare of his devotee upon himself. Even if the devotee strayed, Baba never forgot him. His devotees were so impressed by this reassurance that their faith continues unabated, even after his Mahasamadhi.



Baba's Darshan In London


One day I was traveling by a double-decker bus in London and had occupied a seat near the entrance. There was nobody by my seat, and the conductor was on the upper deck. The bus was almost empty. Suddenly the bus stopped and an old beggar got on. He was wearing many layers of tattered clothes and was holding a red and blue blanket in his hand. He stood in front of me and looked at me with a gentle smile as if saying, Move aside I want to sit by you. I moved aside and he sat down.

I do not like staring at people, so I turned my face a little and peered out of the window. At the time I thought, What a lovely smile he has. How nice that old man is! The words "old man" turned my thoughts to Maharaj ji. I had always heard that he was known as "the old man with a blanket," so I turned my face to see him again and was surprised to see that the seat by my side was vacant. It had only been a few minutes. Where had he disappeared? I looked outside, but the bus had not stopped anywhere. If he had wanted to get off the bus, how could he? The road was deserted, and the beggar was not to be seen anywhere. I could not understand how it had all happened, and it was not a case of hallucination.

The next day some of my friends came to me and said that the previous morning (the same time that I was on the bus) they had had a sudden inspiration to help me buy a ticket to go to India to visit Maharaj ji. It was all rather strange. Although the amount offered by my friends met my travel expenses, a poor student like me had no means of subsistence in India. Maharaj ji had to show another miracle to solve this problem. In England a student gets travel expenses from the university to go back home after the end of each term. I had applied for this, but I was surprised to see that the authorities had issued a check for double the amount that I had asked for. I pointed out the mistake to them by telephone, but going through their account books, they informed me that the amount paid to me was correct. I finally realized that Maharaj ji wanted me to go have his darshan.

I arrived in Delhi by plane within a month and went directly to Kainchi to see Maharaj ji. As I went into the ashram, I decided to ask him if he was the same old man who had met me in London. When I went to him, I saw that he was wearing the same blanket that the old man was carrying that day on the bus. Baba looked at me with the same I-know-all smile. After this there was nothing left to ask. I knew he was the same old man who had met me in London. What a benign look that was! It filled my heart and soul with bliss.

-Heather Thompson, U.K.




·