Maharaj

 Omniscience  ·  Omnipresence  ·  Omnipotence  ·  Other Divine Lilas  ·  Mahasamadhi Lila  ·  After Mahasamadhi  
Divine Reality


 



Freed From the Bondage of Desire


One night when all the inmates of the ashram were asleep, Baba called out to Sri Jivanti Ma, "Jivanti, Jivanti, make some moong dal [lentil soup] for me, I am hungry." Both Sri Ma and Sri Jivanti Ma got up and reminded him that he had already taken prasad and that it was past midnight. Baba made a show of being angry and said, "If you don't want to cook the food for me, I will wake Brahmachari Baba to do it." Jivanti Mata ji cooked moong dal and roti for him, which he ate. The two Mothers also ate again, and then they all went back to sleep. The next day Baba received the news that a certain devotee died at 2 a.m. the previous night. Baba said, "On his deathbed his mind was thinking of moong dal and roti instead of being focused on God. My devotee would have gone thinking of food. I had to eat for him to relieve him of that desire so that he would be freed from rebirth."




·