Maharaj

 Omniscience  ·  Omnipresence  ·  Omnipotence  ·  Other Divine Lilas  ·  Mahasamadhi Lila  ·  After Mahasamadhi  
Divine Reality


 



Protection From Accidents


One day I was very busy at work. By the time I got home, it was about 8 p.m. I took off my shoes and immediately lay down on my bed. I was too tired even to eat. Then my servant came to me and told me that Baba had arrived. I left my bed, welcomed him, and became busy attending to him. After dinner, at about 10 p.m., I gave Baba a takhat to sleep on, and I myself slept near him on the floor. About half an hour passed when he woke me up after having hardly taken a nap. He asked me to get the car out of the garage. My body and mind were so lax from tiredness that they were hardly under my control. In a state of drowsiness, I asked him, "Where do you want to go?" He expressed his desire to go to Kainchi. I suggested that we go in the morning, but Baba did not agree.

With great difficulty I got the car out of the garage. I could not rely on myself at that time, and there was every possibility of having an accident. I drove barefoot because I never sat with Baba with my shoes on. On the way the drowsier I felt, the more cautiously I drove. In this way the car passed Haldwani and the hill journey began. I lost all courage, and we had several close calls on the bends. When we reached Bhumiadhar, I wanted to ask Baba to take some rest for a few hours, but I could not utter a single word. After passing Bhumiadhar, sleep and tiredness made me helpless. I rested my head on the steering wheel and slept soundly. Kainchi is about twelve kilometers from Bhumiadhar, on a difficult road through the hills, with many turns and culverts on the way. I was not aware of passing through Bhowali. At the entrance to Kainchi temple, Baba woke me up with a violent jerk and said, "You are sleeping." I woke up and raised my head from the steering wheel. Being frightened, I suddenly applied the brakes. I was stunned to see the gate of the ashram. In fact Baba had been driving the car all through the journey, for it was not at all possible for me to drive under those circumstances.


-Yogendra Prakash Goel, Bareilly




·