Maharaj

 Omniscience  ·  Omnipresence  ·  Omnipotence  ·  Other Divine Lilas  ·  Mahasamadhi Lila  ·  After Mahasamadhi  
Divine Reality


 



A Journey Without Petrol


On one occasion I had to come to Haldwani for some work. After finishing, I was ready to leave for Bareilly, but I suddenly had the desire to go to Kainchi to see Baba. I looked at my watch and saw that it was past 4:30 p.m. I thought there was enough time to go to Kainchi, have Baba's darshan, and then return to Bareilly. There was also just enough petrol in the car to go to Kainchi and then return to Haldwani, so without wasting any time, I drove off to Kainchi. After having Baba's darshan, I asked his permission to leave, but he asked me to stay longer.

I took prasad at the ashram, and at 11 p.m. I postponed my idea of returning to Bareilly until the next morning. Unexpectedly, Baba said, "Get up. Let's go." Both of us left the ashram together in my car. By the time we reached Kathgodam, I was worried because the petrol station was closed. There was no way out of the situation, so I drove wherever Baba commanded me to. The car ran without petrol. While we were passing through the countryside, quite a way from Bulandshahar, Baba asked me to stop at a lonely place, where he got out of the car. He asked me to go back to Bareilly. I did not know where he was going on foot in that darkness. I became worried, for the car had run on his divine power until then. I wondered how it would be possible for me to go to Bareilly without any petrol. Left with no choice, I reversed the car and started for Bareilly. The car went on running, and after covering a considerable distance, it stopped automatically by a filling station. I managed to get petrol there and arrived in Bareilly without any inconvenience.


-Yogendra Prakash Goel, Bareilly




·