Maharaj

 Omniscience  ·  Omnipresence  ·  Omnipotence  ·  Other Divine Lilas  ·  Mahasamadhi Lila  ·  After Mahasamadhi  
Divine Reality


 



Worries Relieved


My situation in life was like the phrase, "No knowledge, no strength in arms, no money to spend." I felt I could not serve Baba in any way. In spite of this I was the recipient of his endless grace. He gave me everything when I was not able to offer anything in return. Not only am I indebted to him, but so is my whole family, particularly my mother, my wife, and my two sons.

One day Baba came to our house at 150 Allenganj in Allahabad. After puja and a meal, he sat silently for some time. Suddenly he said to me, "Don't worry." I told him I did not worry, but the worries came to me and did not leave no matter how hard I tried. Baba said again very forcefully, "I say don't worry." Helplessly, I submitted to what he said, as it was no use arguing further. Many years after this incident, I came to know the reality of his utterance. The purpose of his command was, as it is said in the Ramayana, "Friend, leave your worry and rely on me. I shall do all your work." In time he took away all my worries. The circumstances changed by themselves, and my nature to worry also improved. Even now if I worry about something, as is my basic nature, I have found the work automatically and appropriately done. I remember what Baba told me and feel ashamed of myself. Baba took care of me and he still does.


-Rajida




·