Maharaj

 Omniscience  ·  Omnipresence  ·  Omnipotence  ·  Other Divine Lilas  ·  Mahasamadhi Lila  ·  After Mahasamadhi  
Divine Reality


 



A Doubt Dispelled


My wife has had Baba's darshan many times, even after his Mahasamadhi. One day while she was returning home after bathing in the Ganges, she saw Baba alone in a rickshaw going towards Triveni (the confluence of three rivers). However, it was not possible to stop him or follow the rickshaw in the crowd. She told me about this when she got home, but thinking it was probably a case of mistaken identity, I did not attach any importance to it.

Many months later we went to Kanpur to meet someone on our way back from Nainital. While shopping in the market, my wife saw Baba passing by in a white car. He was sitting by the driver, wrapped in a blanket. She drew my attention to him by gesturing towards the car, but I did not get the opportunity to see him properly before the car moved on. I only saw that a well-built man wearing a blanket was sitting by the driver. Once again I did not agree with my wife that the man was Baba himself.

That same evening we took a rickshaw to the bus station in Kanpur so that we could return to Lucknow. My wife saw Baba sitting alone in a rickshaw coming towards us from the opposite direction. Drawing my attention to him, she said, "Don't say that this is not Baba." I saw Baba from close quarters and was amazed. I was at my wits' end since I could not get our rickshaw or his to stop. I did not even bow to him.


Vijay Choudhry, Allahabad




·