Maharaj

 Omniscience  ·  Omnipresence  ·  Omnipotence  ·  Other Divine Lilas  ·  Mahasamadhi Lila  ·  After Mahasamadhi  
Divine Reality


 



Present Though Absent


One day on my way to the office, I saw Maharaj sitting on the veranda of Sudhir Mukerjee's house. I wanted to meet him, but I was getting late for work. I thought and believed that Baba would not keep me there at the time and would allow me to carry on to the office. It did not happen. Baba kept me with him until 1 p.m. I became carefree and thought that I would apply for a day off that day. While I was thinking that, Baba said loudly, "Go to your work. You are sitting here doing nothing." I bowed before him and thought that I had better go back home since the time had passed for going to the office. Then I remembered that Baba had told me to go to the office, not home. I was in a state of indecision but decided to go to the office.

On reaching the office, I wrote out an application for leave and went to give it to the person concerned. He glanced at the daily report and asked, "Which day do you want to be on leave? You are present today." I also checked the attendance register and was surprised and puzzled to see my signature there. I said nothing and returned to my desk. I was not able to understand how it happened and who did it. I did not think of Baba then. I was also surprised to see that my colleagues who sat near me did not ask me why I was arriving so late.

That same evening when I went to meet Baba, the idea that it was all his lila flashed in my mind. I realized that his divine play had been to make up my absence by being present in my office in tangible form. I was very moved by this.

-Rajida




·