Maharaj

 Omniscience  ·  Omnipresence  ·  Omnipotence  ·  Other Divine Lilas  ·  Mahasamadhi Lila  ·  After Mahasamadhi  
Divine Reality


 



The Government's Defeat


Based on some people's misguidance, the Education Department of Uttar Pradesh passed some orders against my school. It had disturbed the functioning of the school, and the decision on the writ petition had been pending in the High Court since 8 July. As I was nothing in comparison to the government, the matter was serious and had become unbearable to me. My patience and power of discretion were almost exhausted.

I came to see Baba in September 1968 for reassurance, but even though I was in his presence, I could not express my grief to him. After sunset one evening he gave me the opportunity to be alone with him, and in his natural way he asked me, "Any problem?" In a voice choked with emotion, I told him that I had filed a writ against the Education Department and that the writ from a poor school against a powerful government body was bound to be dismissed. I said he was my only support and that it was all up to him.

On hearing my earnest call for help, he remained silent for a few moments and then said, "The government will be defeated and the school will win." In my mental state at the time I could not believe it. I said, "Surely you would not just say this to console me." Baba became serious at this and in a stern voice said, "I have said and would say it openly." Quoting the line from the Tulsi Ramayana, he repeatedly said, "Even the suffering that we are destined to undergo can be removed by God." He spoke with intense emotion, "I am capable of changing destiny. There is no power in the world that can go against what I have said. I can lower the exalted and raise the humble." Hearing Baba's blessing, I got peace of mind and was certain that the case would not go against us. On 29 September 1969 the Allahabad High Court declared the verdict in our favor.

-Hotridutt Sharma, Aligarh




·