Maharaj

 Omniscience  ·  Omnipresence  ·  Omnipotence  ·  Other Divine Lilas  ·  Mahasamadhi Lila  ·  After Mahasamadhi  
Divine Reality


 



Hanuman's Darshan In Human Form


One day my gurudev, Sri Swami Girdhari Lal Bhaktamal, went with a group of his disciples to the temple of Gore Dau ji on Parikrama Marg in Vrindavan. A religious ceremony was being held, and during the course of a reference to Hanuman ji, an idea flashed in my mind. 'Everyone says that Hanuman ji is immortal but nobody says that they have ever seen him. It is natural if a dead person is not seen, but it is strange that an immortal one has not been seen by anyone.' I expressed my thoughts to the swamis, but their answers did not satisfy me.

My gurudev asked my fellow disciples to go to Neeb Karori Baba's ashram to have Hanuman ji's darshan. On their return he asked me to go as well. I saw a beautiful temple just in front of the entry to the ashram, but I did not see a murti of Hanuman ji there. Sitting comfortably in the center of the room, facing the open doorway, was a large man wearing a dhoti and a blanket. I assumed that he was the manager of the ashram and that he was waiting for the murti to be brought so that it could be installed. On my return I told Guru Maharaj everything that I had seen. My fellow devotees, who had returned from the temple, expressed their surprise that I had not seen the huge murti of Hanuman ji in the temple. Gurudev said, "It was the grace of Hanuman ji that he gave you darshan in human form."

A few years later I was visiting my brother R.S. Yadav and saw a photograph in his house of the same man as I had seen in Baba Neeb Karori's ashram. He looked exactly the same and was dressed in the same way. I pointed to the photograph and told my brother that I had seen him somewhere before. He was very happy to hear the full account of my experience in 1984 and went on to tell me that the photograph was of Baba Neeb Karori, who people recognize as an incarnation of Hanuman ji. He added that Baba left his body in 1973 and that the huge murti of Hanuman ji had been installed in that temple sometime in 1970.

My brother also narrated two similar experiences of his friend, Brihaspatidev Triguna Vaidya, another devotee of Baba Neeb Karori. On 24 September 1973 Triguna ji went to Baba's ashram in Jaunapur, Delhi, to have prasad on the thirteenth day after Mahasamadhi. After bowing before Hanuman ji's murti, he raised his head and saw Baba standing there in place of the murti. He was astonished at the sight and offered pranaam again. When he looked up the second time, he saw Hanuman ji's murti.

The second incident took place sometime after 1976. Triguna ji went from Delhi to visit Kainchi and stood outside the big marble temple, in which he saw a huge murti of Hanuman. He did not know that he was standing outside Baba's temple. For as long as he stood there, he had the darshan of Hanuman ji and not Baba. On returning to Delhi, he told my brother about the big marble temple with the murti of Hanuman ji. My brother told him that, in reality, Baba Neeb Karori's murti was in that temple. These events completely removed my doubts.

-Amar Singh Yadav




·